Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user-Gimp not working right?
Could someone help an old guy that's just beginning photo editing? I loaded Gimp 2.8 onto my Windows 10 computer for the purpose of restoring some old family photos. Before I loaded it I watched a number of tutorials on You Tube and it seemed pretty straightforward especially to do the type of repairs I need to do (remove tears, creases, blotches and etc using the clone tool and/or heal tool. After downloading Gimp and putting it in single screen mode I opened a photo that has a couple of tears and some writing on it to repair the tears and remove the writing. Before I tried any repairs I saved the picture to my desktop as a Gimp Project and then closed the original file and opened the project file. After selecting an area to work on, I clicked on the clone tool and tried using it to remove some of the writing. I first selected an area to clone using CTRL click and then clicked on some of the writing. Nothing happened! I tried it several times even closing and reopening the project but still nothing. I switched to the heal tool, repeated the procedure and still nothing. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
New user-Gimp not working right? - by xphnmn - 07-27-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: New user-Gimp not working right? - by xphnmn - 07-27-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: New user-Gimp not working right? - by Blighty - 07-27-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: New user-Gimp not working right? - by xphnmn - 07-27-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: New user-Gimp not working right? - by Blighty - 07-27-2017, 03:46 PM