Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating Gimp in Windows
Reference the discussion we were having in another thread regarding broken features/missing menu listings in later versions of Gimp under knoppix.  Caused mostly by varying implementations of Python, but also evidenced in other threads as partly due to the Gimp developers moving some functions to new menus where end users wouldn't normally expect to look for said functions.

I just checked my old windows 7 install, and noticed that I have Gimp 2.10.14 installed (evidently I must have updated this from 2.8.x when I started using knoppix and learned that 2.10.x was available).......with a Python version of 2.7.   Everything Gimpwise appears to be working just fine.

I noticed that Gimp version 2.10.22 is available, so I downloaded it, but have yet to upgrade my old install..
I just wanted to ask here first if there are any unexpected dysfunctions that might be introduced (plug-ins dying, or disappearing menu items) if I go ahead with the update?

Also, is the install still capable of determining on it's own  if my machine is 64 bit or 32 bit, and setting up accordingly?  The file I obtained is named gimp-2.10.22-setup.exe and is 230 MB  in size.

Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
Updating Gimp in Windows - by rickk - 01-28-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: Updating Gimp in Windows - by rich2005 - 01-28-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Updating Gimp in Windows - by rickk - 01-28-2021, 05:55 PM
RE: Updating Gimp in Windows - by rich2005 - 01-28-2021, 06:31 PM