Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizard advice requested: Struggling to write plug in that lists color data
Okay, first of all.... THANK YOU!!!!
Thank you so much for the response, and after reading through it, I'm embarrassed that I needed the help.
I totally understand what you're doing here and I guess I just needed to see it.
You have just saved me a TON of time in the future.

There was a problem with it where not all of the colors were being selected... the name of the color would appear in the list but the pixel count would be reported as 0 when it should have had a large number.  Which meant the total pixel count ended up being significantly less than the actual count.

I tried to solve it myself by changing various inputs with the histogram command, which didn't solve it.
Then I played around with changing the pdb.gimp_context_set_sample_criterion to 6 which did something but just skewed the results in the other direction.
Finally I changed the pdb.gimp_context_set_sample_threshold to 0.01 from 0.0 and that worked.  I checked the results against ones I did the manual way and everything was perfect, and the total count was correct.

Anyway, thanks so much again!   Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wizard advice requested: Struggling to write plug in that lists color data - by kmullinax - 02-02-2021, 12:56 AM