Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugins,Knoppix, Directories, etc
Following is a screen shot showing my gimp/preferences/folders/plugins set up utility (lower left), as well as open shots of the two folders specified.

Perhaps I am just confusing myself unnecessarily, but most of the time when I read instructions of how to install a plugin, the instructions are to add the plugin to one of the directories specified in preferences.

But, when you look at my screen shot, you can see that there are only two "free standing" files in my usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins folder, with all other contents being in sub-directories.

This is the as-installed configuration that came in the *.iso that I created my Knoppix 8.6.1 live system from, so I am asking:

1.)  Is this the way things are normally supposed to be? Or is there a structural problem that I should be thinking about correcting before I add new plug-ins and create a new install onto USB flash drive?

2.) Can gimp "read" the contents of subdirectories that are not explicitly mentioned in the paths as specified in the preferences/folders set up utility?

[Image: UMG8XRc.png]

Messages In This Thread
Plugins,Knoppix, Directories, etc - by rickk - 02-03-2021, 06:00 PM
RE: Plugins,Knoppix, Directories, etc - by rickk - 02-03-2021, 06:51 PM
RE: Plugins,Knoppix, Directories, etc - by rickk - 02-03-2021, 07:36 PM