Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeated crashes after working fine for weeks
Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.804 64 bit, 8 core Xeon, 32 GB RAM.  GIMP 2.10.22   GIMP has been working flawlessly for weeks - the only thing I did yesterday was to use the portable version of MOUSECONTROLLER to make repetitive editing easier.  But MC has to be manually started and I'm not doing that.  Unable to open a file - just crashes out with  dump file.

1) over install - N/C
2) uninstall thru control panel, reboot, reinstall as administrator so all users work - N/C
3) uninstall thru control panel, no GIMP folder in program files,  if search with hidden files on find lots in C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10 - so I'm posting before I just start mass deletes - has 66 files totaling about 475K.  Haven't had to resort to this for a long time.  Dump file available.

Next - this?  Just delete every piece of GIMP I can find on the "C" drive.  Note that I keep all my files on other logical/physical drives so my "C" is only about 70GB of data.

Messages In This Thread
Repeated crashes after working fine for weeks - by oldserverguy - 02-24-2021, 04:20 PM