Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is big sur issue rsolved?
(10-01-2021, 12:04 AM)Maggui Wrote: Hi there!!
I´m a very happy Mac user.
My concern is:  I've to teach GIMP with my Mac and my OS is Big Sur. Still have problems using the program.
Is, by any chance, the problems with this OS going to be resolved anytime soon????
Please, don't tell me to buy windows because I'm not going to do that .... Why should I have other computer with another OS because GIMP doesn't work with Big Sur? It's ridiculous (it's my point of view).
The main problem is that I can't teach GIMP because it doesn't work well
Please, let me know ASAP. Thanks!!!
I was an happy user as well when I was on mac, but the day I ditched mac for good 5-6 years ago, Apple did show me how locked to them I was, as an example on any USB dongle or hard drive I had worked previously with mac, I did got the user 99 problem and that was only the starting after ditching mac, so yes very happy when I was in, but more happy that I'm definitively out.
I would NEVER recommend M$ Windaube, and I'm from 3.x to Vista (NT was quite stable though)

Speaking about GIMP on mac, at that time I was using the .dmg from http://www.lisanet.de where s/he was packaging and fixing few things as well for mac users (I just took a look at this website today and for sure it does not look the same than years ago, but still Simone seems to write articles, no I don't understand German, but the GIMP part on that website was all in English)
You also have > https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.10/ look for your mac version at the bottom and may be install a previous version like the 2.10.22

In the end if you want to stay up to date and don't want to install older packages => the best way in my opinion, is @rich2005's solution! (I would recommend to Install Ubuntu-MATE (or any linux with the MATE desktop) and in the preferences chose the "Cupertino" theme, you will fell at home as everything will look like a mac)

Messages In This Thread
is big sur issue rsolved? - by chris64 - 03-08-2021, 11:32 PM
RE: is big sur issue rsolved? - by Kevin - 03-09-2021, 09:20 AM
RE: is big sur issue rsolved? - by chris64 - 03-09-2021, 10:27 PM
RE: is big sur issue rsolved? - by Ofnuts - 03-10-2021, 10:48 AM
RE: is big sur issue rsolved? - by Maggui - 10-01-2021, 12:04 AM
RE: is big sur issue rsolved? - by rich2005 - 10-01-2021, 07:46 AM
RE: is big sur issue rsolved? - by PixLab - 10-02-2021, 06:30 AM