Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dividing and printing a large image
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }
I am using Gimp 2.8 on an Ubuntu 16.04(linux) OS. I'm fairly familiar with Gimp, although my efforts, especially in the subject area, tend to be a bit 'hit and miss'.

I make mosaics and have need from time to time to re-size fairly small images (usually symbols of one kind or another) and to print at perhaps 400x400mm. Whilst I can tolerate the slightly fuzzy (even using Sinc (Lanczos3)), I really do need to find a way of dividing a large image into smaller, print-sized parts.
I had thought that slice-and-join.scm would do but cannot get it to work. One comment from a Ubuntu forum member was:-

"Actually just very buggy code. It append the Gimp data directory to any directory your give in the parameter dialog. So, when asked to use /tmp, it tries to open /tmp\home/me/Sandbox/Image.jpg.rcm. The file open fails, this isn't checked, and the ensuing write fails (the write:argument 2 must be: output port message, because it tries to write to #f (false))... In addition all the directory names processing uses hard-coded backslashes, so that's a Windows-only script."

Perhaps there's some truth in the above and that my trying to use it within a Linux OS was the main error; the fact is that I wasn't able to use that, so I need to find something else that will do the job - I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.
Ray

Messages In This Thread
Dividing and printing a large image - by RayArdia - 08-09-2017, 12:16 PM