Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automate steps in gimp 2.10
(04-30-2021, 10:30 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 07:51 PM)alain.roger Wrote: Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to automate some repetitive tasks in GIMP 2.10.x ?

e.g. I have several photos and I always to the same few tasks in the same order in purpose to remove the background and I would like to know if there is a way to script all those tasks or a recorder for this thing ?

i.e.
- turn image to greyscale
- change levels
- copy a mask from obtained photo in BW
- create mask layer from previous step
- get person/object only while background is transparent
- save/export result in png file.

something like that :-)

thx
  • Is "grayscale" true grayscale mode or is it just RGB where R=G=B? And how to you map color to gray? Value? Brightness?
  • Change levels how? Does it deped on th epicture or is it always the same thing?
  • How are the next two steps different from Layer ➤ Mask ➤ Add layer mask with Initialize mask from grayscale copy of layer?
  • Get person/object only while background is transparent: Without any manual intervention? Even if that person wears white?

1. Grayscale is a real grayscale as I will use a B?W mask later on to make a layer mask
2. Basically as they are photos for the same purpose, my son always use a strong contrasted clothes, you levels are almost the same. In fact from a level value, the result is clearly enough  to turn it into a mask B/W
3. basically result of point 2 is used as B/W layer mask
4. As I wrote it before, there is a big contrast between clothes and background. I use pro light also to increase the contrast and to avoid any shadows, therefore mask should be enough to make it transparent

Messages In This Thread
automate steps in gimp 2.10 - by alain.roger - 04-30-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: automate steps in gimp 2.10 - by Ofnuts - 04-30-2021, 10:30 PM
RE: automate steps in gimp 2.10 - by alain.roger - 05-01-2021, 09:54 AM