Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to convert pic pdf to image series?
First words: Our illustrious Admin, our leader, your Neural Network clusters rock! You really are magic! I am surprised that you aren't being utilised better by GNU-Linux for its achieving loftier ideals.

rich2005 Wrote:The pages are all different sizes / angles / offsets...
Yes, that was the first thought I had when when I opened the file with evince.
So better to use popplar-utils to extract,  and then manually adjust all pages?

rich2005 Wrote:Exporting the layers as individual jpegs. If using the latest Debian, Gimp might not have python support, so the attachment is a script-fu. Unzip and put in  ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/scripts.
That gives File -> Export Layers  put in your export location / filename.jpg to get numbered files.  ...
So there is no script file to be run that has gimp run in a  terminal and extract individual images? Then in this aspect, pdfimages et al would have indeed been better.

BTW, I could have had stupidly posted another question that could have been put up in a different thread. Like gimp run in terminal like popplar-utils. But this idea too defeats the purpose of a GUI.

Thank goodness, this experience already answered that stupid question.

rich2005 Wrote:... I rotated the whole layer stack a very small amount.
One over large layer I scaled down
One small layer I scaled up.
The whole image I cropped to the size of the 'window'  ...

So, if all pages are turned at different angles, and have to be handled manually, it would be better to use popplar-utils and then gimp to cut individual pages (off the 2-page format) and polish up those the pics.

For me, in the end of this chat, I simply wasted your time, energy, money and zeal, that could have been better used for a higher purpose.

I am ashamed, and I apologise. I in fact had asked you for clarifying certain aspects of the pdfimages code  line.

Unfortunately, I had by then already set you off on solving the problem via gimp. I have to atone for my putting your abilities on to a poor mission, when the entire community could have been better served by your abilities being put to good use. I apologise to the community too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible to convert pic pdf to image series? - by bkpsusmitaa - 06-08-2021, 01:55 AM