Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script to auto-rotate images to align with text flow?
Tried search string on the forum:

Quote:Script auto rotate image text flow document

Had been thinking for many years: if an image of a text document could automatically be oriented along the textflow.

I self-learnt some programming out of curiosity. Very elementary programs. I don't have the patience, persistence, or hyper-focus of a programmer. 

Had been thinking in terms of drawing a set of two parallel lines apart from the middle towards the edges, and the maximum number of longest uninterrupted straight line segments that could be drawn between those two parallel lines (from one edge of an image to the opposite edge is quite superfluous) could help auto-orient a document along the direction of the text flow?

Perhaps this is the reason why OCR programs such as Abbyy Finereader could automatically rotate scanned documents?

But have left using Doze and associate programs. Have gscan2pdf and gimagereader. They are nothing compared to Abbyy of 10 years back. But who knows, in the name of PROPRIETARY, what malware/spyware/trojan might have they been inserting, in addition to  regular paid upgradation of Doze and anti-virus, anti-malware and what not software? So I am better off with bits and pieces solution and better safety and security with Free and OSS system.

Is there a script to achieve this very purpose? Auto-rotate such a file to horizontally align the direction of the flow of text with the help of a scirpt? Or any other tool?

Any advice please?

In the end another request: if the post isn't found appropriate for this forum, may I please be sent a copy before deleting it.

Messages In This Thread
Script to auto-rotate images to align with text flow? - by bkpsusmitaa - 06-08-2021, 11:03 AM