Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Crop Folder
A few observations

Quote:I have a collection of png images that are rendered for an animation.

Is this a one-off animation ? How many images make up the animation ?

Quote:I need to crop them down to 1920x1080

Does that mean all those images are greater than 1920 x 1080 in size ?

Quote: and need to be able to do it as a command that gets automatically executed when my image rendering is completed

Why ? You can batch crop beforehand using the Gimp batch plugin BIMP or command line ImageMagick
Cropping after assembling an animation into layers is a simple process the crop tool applies to all layers. If you try and automate this, what parameters ? Size is known but is that applied from top-left corner (origin 0,0) or from a center point which can be variable ?

Do you have several animations and want to crop all the animations in one go ?

Quote:I did find a batch-crop scm...but I get an error trying to run it. I've never used a Gimp script

Give a pointer to the script, it might be user-error or it might be old and fixable / non-fixable.

Edit: A quick search and maybe you saw something like this ? https://www.joelotz.com/blog/2020/batch-...-gimp.html thats an autocrop but guessing what you have is similar. That is a Gimp script but it is for command line use.

If you want a GUI for use within Gimp & will crop a folder of images then BIMP https://alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/ Not difficult to use, there are examples on the site.

Your best bet is crop everything before making the animation.

BIMP will crop an animation something.gif providing the output is specified as a gif, leave that out and the gif is flattened to one layer. It does give an error message about indexed format but still gives an animation and keeps the timings.

Messages In This Thread
Batch Crop Folder - by Poorman65 - 07-11-2021, 07:56 PM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by Ofnuts - 07-12-2021, 07:01 AM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by rich2005 - 07-12-2021, 07:37 AM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by Poorman65 - 07-12-2021, 03:54 PM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by rich2005 - 07-12-2021, 04:12 PM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by Poorman65 - 07-12-2021, 05:20 PM