Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! My GIMP 2.10 crashes on all file operations!
Greetings, forum. Yesterday afternoon (Thu Aug 12, 2021), my GIMP 2.10.24-rev-1, on Windows 10 64-bit, started malfunctioning for no reason at all. Nothing in Windows had changed. Nothing in GIMP had changed.

The nature of the malfunction is, any attempt to click any sub-menu of the File menu ("New", "Open", "Save-As", "Export-As") causes GIMP to freeze. The program enters a "not-responding" state indefinitely and has to be terminated by first clicking the "X" in the upper-right corner, then clicking the "Terminate Program" button on the "this program is not responding" box that pops up, then clicking "cancel" on the "lets tell Microsoft all about this" box that then pops up.

This is not acceptable, because while I can edit and alter images all I like (by first opening them in GIMP via Windows Explorer, thus bypassing the broken "File" menu), I can't save any of my work!

Steps I've taken in attempt to solve this:

1. Re-installed GIMP on top of itself. Result: Problem persists.
2. Un-installed then re-installed GIMP. Result: Problem persists.

I'm at a loss. I have no idea what caused this problem, no idea of why uninstall-then-reinstall failed to fix it, and no idea on how to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Help! My GIMP 2.10 crashes on all file operations! - by LagrangeL4 - 08-13-2021, 08:39 AM