Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any file formats that support multi-layer images?
I know about Openraster (.ora), but I lose channels and masks.

My problem is that I use different tools, mostly Krita and Photoshop.  Krita does a great job opening .xcf files and saving them as (reasonable) .psd files.  Gimp is absolutely awful at .psd.  My problem now is that with Gimp 2.9 the .xcf files from Gimp are not even compatible with Krita.

Better yet, is there a way to edit the .xcf files so that Krita thinks is created by version 2.8?  I tried opening an .xcf file with a test editor and it freaked out.

-------------------------------------------WAIT WAIT WAIT

Better PSD Support

The PSD plug-in now supports a wider range of blending modes for layers, at both importing and exporting: Linear Burn, Linear Light, Vivid Light, Pin Light, and Hard Mix blending modes. It also finally supports exporting layer groups and reads/writes the Pass Through mode in those. Additionally, GIMP now imports and exports color tags from/to PSD files.

https://www.gimp.org/news/2017/08/24/gim...-released/

I spoke too soon.  I'm now using 2.9.7 and . . . OMG it is awesome, at least I think so.  I need to test it, but still would like to know if anyone here is aware of a good format.

Messages In This Thread
Any file formats that support multi-layer images? - by mholder - 09-06-2017, 07:30 PM