Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting a Parsing error in files
(01-14-2022, 11:05 PM)SarahDalrymple Wrote: It seems reinstalling is always Windows' go-to solution for anything that misbehaves 

I'm not trying  to say that doing so is a "best practice" by any means. But it does work often enough that a categorical denial saying "never do this", is not entirely practical, either.

For one, you have the registry, prone to unintended consequences from other software updates and installation.

But for another, all too often you have users (myself included) who, whenever prompted,  just click on "OK" throughout the entire install, trying to expedite the process, without really paying attention to what they are agreeing to.   And when the end product works, they feel rewarded.

But when there are unanticipated problems, I think it is only natural to second guess such carelessness.

Consequently for me, when I say "I removed and reinstalled" what I'm really saying is "I carefully reinstalled, making sure I was attentive to every possible option along the way" so the end problem is not a result of my inattentiveness. 

And I don't think that I am unique in that regard, (fwiw)  By saying you have installed twice and the pattern persists, implies that the failure is reproducible. Which in itself  is a valid part of problem solving

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting a Parsing error in files - by rickk - 01-14-2022, 09:43 PM
RE: Getting a Parsing error in files - by rickk - 01-15-2022, 07:03 PM