Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP on Android
Yo all, hi there...

Is it just this single one, or else how many threads split off meanwhile from this introductory note?

I could do with some troubleshooting guidance on Gimp by UserlandTech, as I'm trying to get it to work on a phonescreen. It's far from an ideal situation, I know that from former experience with the Gimp/Inkscape app by pelya. But a whole bunch of configuration options were fairly straightforward with that one. Intertwined as it came with XFCE functionality, that brought a filemanager and some environmental UI goodies.
Now this one here I'm not so sure, even if it proves way better optimized for touchscreen control. Like, the first thing I'll do to any current Gimp version is take it out of its single window mode, in an attempt to rearrange a variety of windows to taste. So that's what I did. This instantly affects the scaling of otherwise secondary tooloption windows to such dramatic extent that I seem to have lost any capacity to navigate and operate the app in a normal fashion. Insofar as I managed to open  an image file using a Ctrl+O keyboard shortcut, this imagewindow is nowhere in sight, much less an attending menu-bar that would serve me to revert to single window mode.
Please tell me how I may escape this fix. Having closed these obtrusive toolwindows by Alt+F4s, only a command line X-term is what remains. Can I use that to restart the app at manageable defaults? If so, how goes the exact command including options to set there?
If this would allow a fresh start I'll take it from there, and reserve other questions on filemanager functionality for a later date. As modern Android version tend to hide all these internals, and even TotalCommander doesn't show me much.

[+ the "owner"/publisher of this lovely concoction really ought to issue a fair warning in the PlayStore that, including subsequent "asset"downloads à 293 MB, their app will grow positively HUGE! Storage space ≈ 1.22 GB, just like old pelya's.]

The attachment [if it shows up] shows a oncetime 5" screen set-up preference. (Focus follows mouse, with window activation on a short, comfy slack.)

Messages In This Thread
GIMP on Android - by userlandtech - 04-09-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: GIMP on Android - by PixLab - 04-10-2022, 12:58 AM
RE: GIMP on Android - by rich2005 - 04-10-2022, 07:48 AM
RE: GIMP on Android - by userlandtech - 04-10-2022, 02:46 PM
RE: GIMP on Android - by PixLab - 04-10-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: GIMP on Android - by gruesome - 04-11-2022, 05:13 PM
RE: GIMP on Android - by rich2005 - 04-11-2022, 05:56 PM
GIMP on Android: troubleshoving - by sloshink - 05-13-2022, 02:54 AM