Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoothing a path: a better algorithm
(04-29-2022, 06:51 AM)tmanni Wrote: ...
You could become a gimp contributor and have the responsibility of maintaining this plug-in. But note that core plug-ins do not change often : unless to fix bug or improve time processing, once available into gimp, the plug-in must keep it's arguments and behavior (to not break scripts using it of potential billion users around the world).

So It's up to you. If you're not interested and want to keep the liberty to modify and release at your rhythm, I understand.
I propose this because this plug-in is really useful (particularly to make quick cut out of curvy elements in a photo) and could profit to the whole users community.

Ok, thanks for explaining. I am what you might call a lonely wolf, without any wish to commit myself to anything, like to long duty of maintaining. Indeed, I want to have my freedom just to drop this hobby whenever I wish and go to do something else. I have now done this for several years and am beginning to feel that it would be time for a change. And I like to have things in my own hands and to make changes in my plugins easily and without restrictions.

So, the way things are right now suits me best. Your suggestion is flattering, but let us not do it after all. I know it is not nice to refuse, now that you did the big work in porting the plugin to Gimp2.99. But I trust that you understand this as you said. And thanks for the suggestion.

The plugin will be available of course though not as a core plugin. And who knows what will happen in the future.

And I looked at what you had done with the code. Frankly, I have much to learn. There is much that I don't even understand. And I noticed a couple of choices I don't like. And the registration part is complicated! I hope in Gimp3 there will also be a simple way to do it, just as there is in Gimp2. Years ago, when I started this hobby, it would never have happened if it would had been so complicated then. I am a mathematician, not a coder.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smoothing a path: a better algorithm - by Ottia Tuota - 04-30-2022, 05:53 AM