Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone recommend me a handheld scanner for textbooks?
Hi, this is my first post. I need some advise on a portable or handheld scanner for textbooks. You see, I have a 10 volume set of math textbooks which are hardcover, the paper size is A4. I have used a flatbed EPSON model in the past and it had good image quality in all their modes from color, grayscale and black and white.

However, I am looking for something portable which can be swept or rubbed over the surface of the textbook without putting much strain on the spine. Do you know any brand or model which I could use for this purpose? I am intending to get a reasonable quality as the content has some graphics as it has geometry as part of the set and that the document can be digitalized as pdf.

I did some research and found Iris 3 Book scan seems to be what I look for, but I don't know if it would work well with GIMP and which other models comparable to this you guys have tried and got nice results?.

I don't know if GIMP can create pdf files. My current version is 2.10.6 so can you guys help me here?. Please guide me with some recommendations because I don't know which to choose from as sites like amazon reviews have mixed opinions. Please don't say to use my android or phone device with some app installed. I am specifically asking for an advise on an actual scanner and the image quality of a phone will not provide enough resolution to letters and equations found in mathematics. So, can you guys help me?

Messages In This Thread
Can someone recommend me a handheld scanner for textbooks? - by Chemist116 - 04-30-2022, 05:45 PM