Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pointer size issue
(06-19-2022, 08:43 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I have never seen that before, but it looks like it is the TV. Someone else with a similar problem
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=355280  big cursor on TV (but ok on regular monitor) Although the desktop environment (DE) seems to have an effect.
pop_os uses gnome you could see if you can install some other DE
or
Use a 'live' usb to boot and see if there is any difference. You could try the knoppix iso KDE , has Gimp installed and runs on just about anything. Not for a permanent installation, just a try-and-see.

I have tried a few possibilities here, Changing the Gimp resolution setting / Changing the computer screen size / Changing the system cursor size. To no avail.
Guessing it is that HDMI connection to the TV rather than a Gimp issue.

I do not know, maybe someone will come up with a solution

Edit: Just been looking at the Minisforum HX90 specs (very nice) . It has 'display' ports and HDMI connections. I assume HDMI is being used. Any settings in the bios for these ?

That's what is weird. The pointer is normal size in every other program and I had no issues when running windows and Gimp.
If it were throughout the OS, I could understand it, but it only happens in Gimp.
I just confirmed that even Inkscape has normal sized pointers.
It seems to be limited to Gimp only. Very Weird!!

Yes, using HDMI for the monitors
Maybe it is an issue with running dual monitors.
I'll disconnect the second monitor tomorrow and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Dave

Messages In This Thread
Pointer size issue - by dgnyberg - 06-18-2022, 11:48 PM
RE: Pointer size issue - by rich2005 - 06-19-2022, 08:45 AM
RE: Pointer size issue - by dgnyberg - 06-19-2022, 07:38 PM
RE: Pointer size issue - by rich2005 - 06-19-2022, 08:43 PM
RE: Pointer size issue - by dgnyberg - 06-20-2022, 02:01 AM
RE: Pointer size issue - by dgnyberg - 12-19-2022, 06:25 AM