Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old GImp's configure test (for gtk) is broken?
Hello. Trying to compile old Gimp (2.6) leads to this error message:

Code:
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.12.1... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: Test for GTK+ failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.

The problem is, I am passing gtk to gimp's configure, as can be seen in the end of the following command:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.28.0/lib/  ./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Gimp/Babl-0.0.22/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Gimp/Gegl-0.0.22/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.28.0/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Gtk+-2.24.20/lib/pkgconfig/

I read config.log, and there it is said

Code:
configure:28134: checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.12.1
configure:28290: result: no
configure:28328: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -Wold-style-definition  -I/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Gtk+-2.24.20/include/  conftest.c   >&5
conftest.c:47:21: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
 #include <gtk/gtk.h>

Beased on that, I tried to add:
Code:
CPPFLAGS=-I/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Gtk+-2.24.20/include/
to see if configure would find the required header

It didn't work. Finally, I changed it to:
Code:
CPPFLAGS=-I /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Gtk+-2.24.20/include/gtk-2.0/

but once again, it did not work. In case of doubts, the gtk folder does exists, as the gtk.h header, both inside the gtk-2.0 folder

This happened on both versions that I tested, 2.6.0 and 2.6.12 (not interested in newer versions)

So, what might be the cause of this?

Messages In This Thread
Old GImp's configure test (for gtk) is broken? - by kromak - 08-02-2022, 03:15 PM