Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color Picker Tool in the Change Foreground Color dialog
Hello all,
I've just upgraded from version 2.10 (.10 as I recall) to 2.10.32 Flatpak on Linux Mint.  Whatever the previous .xx version was, I had an eyedropper in the toolbox' Foreground Color's Change Foreground Color dialog (same also with the background color) that was supposed to let me click on the eyedropper and click on any color on the screen. 

To get to the eyedropper in question, click on either the Foreground color or the Background color.  Up comes the appropriate Change Color dialog with a palette of colors to choose from, together with the HTML color code (hexadecimal 6-digit code representing RRGGBB).  The eyedropper has a pop-up explanation to "Click the eyedropper, then click any color on your screen to select that color."

I happen to have a Pencil tool selected.  I've opened the Change Foreground Color dialog, clicked on the eyedropper, then clicked on the white part of the U-Haul truck to select that color.  (I want the truck's branding to disappear from my photo of a camping activity, as it adds clutter behind the subjects of my photo.)  The Pencil drops a circle of pink where the eyedropper was to select the white shade.

Better that I exit from the Change Color dialog and use the Color Picker tool.  That works.

The same issue exists in the 2.10.32 version just installed.

Can anybody tell me how one uses the eyedropper in the Change Foreground Color dialog?  It is redundant in a way to the Color Picker tool, but it would be useful while in the Change Color dialogs if it worked!

Messages In This Thread
Color Picker Tool in the Change Foreground Color dialog - by AZM - 08-06-2022, 06:05 AM