Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jpeg file loaded with script-fu not considered imported
(09-06-2022, 07:08 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 09:36 PM)cyril42e Wrote: However I didn't find anything about custom export actions, are you talking about writing a script ? I should indeed be able to reproduce the overwrite behavior (copy - flatten - save), maybe even without the confirmation dialog.

Yes, that's the file-jpeg-save call. Keep in mind that it takes a drawable (usually I do a gimp_layer_new_from_visible). Once saved do a gimp_image_clean_all so that Gimp doesn't pester you with the unsaved XCF when you want to quit.

Thanks for the advice, I used gimp-image-duplicate and gimp-image-flatten, seems to work as well, and gimp-file-save in order to avoid having to provide lots of quality parameters (anyway I did not find how to read the original file quality, so defaults are ok). gimp-image-clean-all is nice to save another click, thanks (I'll ignore the documentation warning "Note that save plug-ins must NOT call this function themselves after saving the image." as it is a "private" plugin Angel).

Here the complete script in case it can help someone:
Code:
(define (gimp-overwrite image)
 (let*
   (
     (image_copy (car (gimp-image-duplicate image)))
     (image_name (car (gimp-image-get-filename image)))
   )
   (gimp-image-flatten image_copy)
   (define drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-drawable image_copy)))
   (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image_copy drawable image_name image_name)
   (gimp-image-delete image_copy)
   ;(gimp-image-clean-all image)
 )
)

(script-fu-register
   "gimp-overwrite" ; func name
   "Overwrite silently" ; menu label
   "Silently overwrite the current JPEG file" ; description
   "cyril42e" ; author
   "" ; copyright
   "2022" ; date
   "" ; image type
   SF-IMAGE "Image" 0
)  

(script-fu-menu-register "gimp-overwrite" "<Image>/File")

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jpeg file loaded with script-fu not considered imported - by cyril42e - 09-06-2022, 10:37 AM