Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp prints multi page documents on one page
and won't let me resize the printing larger (it will let me go smaller)

I imported a PDF into gimp, choosing the option to import each page as a layer. 

I manually typed a PPI of 600. The previous imports into gimp using the automatic PPI of 100 were low res and blurry - much less clear than Acrobat Reader showed them. This new import appeared to retain sharpness that the 100PPI dropped.

I expanded the canvas and distributed the layers (pages) of the PDF, so now I have an image 8.5 inches across the top and (number of pages times 11.5 inches) down.

When I try to print this, gimp tries to print the whole thing on one 8.5 by 11 inch sheet. I got similar results with a 2 page or a 12 page import.

I cannot increase the print size on the print dialog (image properties tab)- the maximum it'll go is 100.9mm by 250mm. I can type in a larger size but when the caret leaves the field it immediately snaps back down. Gimp does let me reduce the size.

under image-> print size dialog it lets me change print size but when I actually go to print the size has returned to the maximum of 100x250mm on the image properties tab and again I can only decrease the size, not increase it. 

I'm using version 2.8.22.

Messages In This Thread
Gimp prints multi page documents on one page - by samksharma - 10-17-2017, 01:19 PM