Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Binary Comment appears in Image Properties after using GIMP

I am using GIMP 2.10.24 on Windows 10 64bit.

Until recently I was using GIMP with images from a Nikon D500.  When exporting images I have the "Save Exif data and Save XMP data" checked.
I use these exported images to upload to iNaturalist.  I've never had an issue.
Now I am using a Canon EOS 5 to GIMP images. As above, when exporting images I have the "Save Exif data and Save XMP data" checked.
When I upload images from the Canon camera that have been GIMPed to iNaturalist, I get a "binary comment" on the images I've uploaded.  

If I look at Properties-Details on a GIMPed Canon Image, "binary comment" is listed in the Title and Subject.  When looking at the same image before it is GIMPed, there is nothing listed in Title and Subject.
Looking at original and GIMPed images from the Nikon camera nothing is ever listed in either Title or Subject .

Attached are some screen shots.

I have changed the following in GIMP - Edit-Preferences-Default Image-Comment to have nothing in it.  This made no difference.  Still get the "binary comment"

What is causing the "binary comment" ? It is tedious to have to delete it from every image I upload to iNaturalist.

If any other information is needed, let me know.
Thank you for your review.

Messages In This Thread
Binary Comment appears in Image Properties after using GIMP - by sjt619 - 09-22-2022, 05:55 PM