Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script-Fu levels Newbie Gimp 2.10 Linux MX
Hey there!

Newbie here trying to tackle a task above my scope of knowledge. I am trying to change the intensity of the low output levels in a batch of pdf files that are one page each. All I'm trying to do is reduce the amount of black ink used for printing as my printer doesn't have an economy mode.

I created a script in bash that splits the PDFs into separate pages for easy "layer free"/"single layer" editing and have been using bimp successfully but it'll be just great if I could accomplish this with script-fu as it would save me a ton of time.

The attached pic shows the levels setting I'd like to achieve:
[Image: HK9ZtR4.png]

I reviewed the script-fu documentation, googled for hours, watched a tutorial video, used the console and the procedure browser rendered this:

Code:
(gimp-drawable-levels drawable channel low-input high-input clamp-input gamma low-output high-output clamp-output).

Yet I was unable to find working examples online and couldn't replace the variables with their expected values. Since the files have only one layer, Could "Drawable" be "TheCurrentLoadedImage"? (whatever the correct syntax should be to refer to it).

I'd be truly grateful just to see a working example that could run in the console or even better in a bash script that could accomplish such simple task.

Thanks in advance!!!

Messages In This Thread
Script-Fu levels Newbie Gimp 2.10 Linux MX - by Anthony Buff - 11-27-2022, 08:31 AM