Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Fu - Batch Command Error
(12-14-2022, 06:11 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 06:45 PM)James Parkinson Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 10:28 PM)Kevin Wrote: As Ofnuts says, your command line needs fixing:

gimp-2.10 -i -b "(batch-auto-fix \"C:\Users\parkinsj\Desktop\GIMP_Batch\img*.jpg\")" -b "(gimp-quit 0)"

Also you would be better putting the script in your personal scripts folder not in the system folder - the next update you do to GIMP runs the risk of removing anything that's not supplied by the GIMP installer.

Your personal folder would normally be  C:\Users\parkins\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts

I assume you already know that your script is going to overwrite your images.

How does GIMP find the Personal Script Folder?

I am not familiar with GIMP Messages. I assume this is a way to get more details on the Error.

I ran this at the CMD Line.

gimp-2.10 -i -b "(batch-auto-fix \""C:\Users\parkinsj\Desktop\GIMP_Batch\img*.jpg\"")" -b "(gimp-quit 0)"

New result:

batch commend experienced an error:
Error: not enough arguments

Why the \"" (backslash double-quote)?

not enough arguments is a Scheme error, you are calling a function with not enough arguments. Looking at your code you define (batch-auto-fix pattern  radius  amount  threshold) so it takes 4 arguments and your line above only passes the pattern argument, so this is probably why Gim/Script-fu complains.

I corrected the CMD line script to:
gimp-2.10 -i -b "(batch-auto-fix ""C:\Users\parkinsj\Desktop\GIMP_Batch\img*.jpg\"" 5.0 0.5 0)" -b "(gimp-quit 0)"

... and moderate success, no run errors

Now in checking the images they have not changed.

The learning curve continues.

Much thanks for your help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Script Fu - Batch Command Error - by Ofnuts - 12-12-2022, 10:11 PM
RE: Script Fu - Batch Command Error - by Kevin - 12-12-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: Script Fu - Batch Command Error - by Ofnuts - 12-14-2022, 06:11 PM
RE: Script Fu - Batch Command Error - by James Parkinson - 12-14-2022, 07:50 PM