Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to open reinstalled GIMP, without success
Sad 
Hello, everyone! My name's The Mouse Avenger, & this is my very first post here! ^_^

So, I'm having a bit of a dilemma...I'm gonna try & break this down as simply as possible:

1. So, I use the Windows 10 OS. I had to move the contents of my hard drive to a new computer, & reinstall of my programs & apps. I accidentally installed GIMP 2.10 initially, but then I remembered that all of my XCF files were saved on version 2.8, & files from any GIMP version earlier than 2.10 won't open, so I had to uninstall 2.10. THEN, I looked for GIMP 2.8 -- which I knew I had on my hard drive -- but I didn't pull up the file when I first searched for it. Thus, I ended up installing version 2.9...

2. Eventually, I found my 2.8 installer, & uninstalled 2.9. I ran the installation wizard for 2.8, but every time it tried to, it made my computer go into a BSOD -- more than once. Finally, I remembered what the BSOD error was, & looked up how to fix it. There were several methods that I tried, & after a quick reboot (plus Windows updates), the GIMP installation worked perfectly without making my computer crash!

3. But, THEN, I had another problem. When I tried to open 2.8, there came error messages that told me certain DLL files in my GIMP program folder were corrupted or missing. So I looked for those 5 DLL files, copied & pasted them into my GIMP program folder, & tried again. I didn't get THOSE error messages anymore, thankfully, BUT....

4. NOW, I'm getting ANOTHER error message when I try to open GIMP 2.8. Even after uninstalling & reinstalling the program, I still get the same error that prevents the program from loading. You can see it in the attached picture.

https://i.ibb.co/87jcC1m/What-s-Wrong-With-GIMP.png

Sooo, what should I do to make GIMP 2.8 open & run successfully on my computer, like it did on the last hard drive? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! :-) Thank you very much! ^_^

Messages In This Thread
Trying to open reinstalled GIMP, without success - by The Mouse Avenger - 12-22-2022, 06:50 PM