Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get list of distinct pixel RGB values
Hi all,

I'm attempting to write a python script that palette swaps an un-indexed image, as sample colorize doesn't quite seem to have a way to force zero interpolation between colours.

I've got code that iterates across a pixel region pixel-by-pixel using the RowIterator from the colorxhtml.py script, finds the unique colours, arranges them by brightness, then uses gimp_image_select_color and gimp_edit_bucket_fill to replace the colours from drawable 1 with the colours from drawable 2, exactly, in order. All good.

The problem is iterating across the drawables takes way longer than it should - about 30 seconds for a ~250x250px layer. That's a bit much. Is there a way to get a list of unique pixel RGB values easily (ignoring transparency)? The histogram functions seem to work on individual channels.

I guess I could do a nested histogram in 1 channel, select areas for each of the values it took, then histogram each of those sub-areas in the next channel, then repeat again, but that seems like it'd be even less efficient!

Edit: Argh, sorry, I meant to post this in scripting! I don't seem to have the rights to delete it and repost, apologies.

Messages In This Thread
Get list of distinct pixel RGB values - by thetalkietoaster - 03-16-2023, 02:00 PM