Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
libopenraw on Fedora 26
Actually, GIMP will open RAW files in various formats *IF* the build incorporates libopenraw. It is mentioned peripherally in the "Artist's Guide to GIMP" blog page "Building GIMP source" (https://www.artistsguidetogimp.com/?page_id=55). 

In addition, Fedora includes a ufraw-gimp package that allows GIMP to use ufraw as a front end to open RAW files. The problem with ufraw-gimp for me is that opening a RAW file first uses the ufraw interface before the image is opened in GIMP. If I want to automate a GIMP workflow with PythonFu, there is no procedure to open with ufraw. There is one for opening RAW files witih libopenraw, "file-raw-load". I assume ufraw-gimp is available in all Linux distributions.

I have just gone through the exercise of rebuilding the GIMP, GEGL, and BABL packages. GEGL requires libopenraw-devel,  But the GIMP build for Fedora 26 doesn't seem to incorporate it. I'm trying to figure why, or more correctly, how to achieve the incorporation.

I suppose my next step will be to ignore the Fedora packages and build GIMP from the git source tree. That will have to be another night. 

Messages In This Thread
libopenraw on Fedora 26 - by awr042 - 11-08-2017, 03:13 AM
RE: libopenraw on Fedora 26 - by awr042 - 11-08-2017, 04:38 AM
RE: libopenraw on Fedora 26 - by rich2005 - 11-08-2017, 09:07 AM
RE: libopenraw on Fedora 26 - by awr042 - 11-10-2017, 06:04 AM