Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying Layer Border for a Floating Selection
I've recently updated my version of Gimp, from a very old version, and there is something new that is costing me a lot of time. I'm working with tile based graphics, so defaulted to a grid, and when I copy and paste an image to move it, the boundaries of the pasted image auto shrinks to meet the boundaries of the graphic (ignoring the transparent background, and previously set selection tool size).

This; (upon cutting)
[Image: jn2krvb.png]

Becomes this; (upon pasting)
[Image: wwAVJPV.png]

Instead of this; (upon pasting)
[Image: O0eJihM.png]

I'm wondering if there is someway to make it show me the boundaries of the new layer upon pasting (Floating Selection(Pasted Layer #1) it for quick left click merging to my current active layer.

Any help would be very much appreciated. At present I have to draw a mark in a corner of my grid that meets two sides of the grid in order to line up anything I move that doesn't go to the edge of the grid. This ends up costing me double the amount of time, if not more, than simply copy and pasting while retaining the dimensions of the rectangle selection tool for the pasted image.

Messages In This Thread
Displaying Layer Border for a Floating Selection - by JayB - 11-09-2017, 06:51 PM