Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pen Tablet and general movement not reliable
(11-13-2017, 04:46 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 04:43 PM)Lazerlord Wrote: ...snip...
Also, the strange thing is that the tablet worked fine with gimp 2.8 when I first got the tablet a couple weeks ago. No clue why it stopped.

Then I would definitely try renaming your gimp profile say, C:\users\your-name\.gimp-2.8 to C:\users\your-name\.gimp-2.8-bak
and re-install the driver.

And see what happens.

Tried that and it worked initially (without pressure sensitivity) even though the input device was set to "disabled" by default. After setting it to "screen", it stopped working again, and now it doesn't work even if it is set to be disabled. This is very bizarre. Apparently there are lots of problems with this tablet in particular with GIMP, so maybe I'll take a look over here and see what works. http://gimpforums.com/thread-gimp-not-wo...ing-tablet

One interesting thing I noticed, however. If I only use the tablet after starting up GIMP and make a new image to draw on, and if I immediately select the paint brush, I can paint. But if I select the pencil and try to make strokes with it, as soon as I click down the pen, the icon on the mouse flashes to the paintbrush instead of the pencil for one frame, and occasionally I can see the tool properties for the paintbrush flash quickly in the tool properties window. It's very strange.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pen Tablet and general movement not reliable - by Lazerlord - 11-14-2017, 04:20 AM