Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you think Adobe is nervous about open source graphics ?
Not sure if Adobe is nervous about open source graphics or not, but when it comes to competitors for AI, I used to use CorelDraw's Version 9 Suite (years ago - used it for years).

Once I got past the initial learning curve, because I was new to Vector and Raster creation and editing, I really like its eases of use.

Having started using Inkscape in the last few days, I find I like the look and layout of the interface, but that it is a bit awkward to use. GIMP, which I have also started to use in the last few days, seems to reward time put into it (for me) more than Inkscape - I initially thought it was going to be the other way around.

Anyway, my experience of that older version of CorelDraw was that it was easier and more logical in use than Inkscape, as a vector program. I do not know if others have had that experience, whether of CorelDraw, or AI, or other vector based programs, but I would imagine that kind of thing would have a significant impact on encouraging or discouraging people to move to Inkscape.

By the way, I do not think that my preferences were influenced by becoming familiar with how to use CorelDraw - I can whiz around in a few Digital Audio Workstations, but I still have definite preferences because of other factors; and I absolutely hate Microsoft Office, despite knowing it like the back of my hand.

Messages In This Thread
RE: do you think Adobe is nervous about open source graphics ? - by drutgat - 05-16-2018, 02:30 AM