Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text Box - Point size default is in Pixels
(07-09-2018, 09:36 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:...Developers should be notified of this default setting and have it changed to points for text size.
No developers here, even so, unlikely to change. Gimp is a raster editor and uses pixels. For DTP you will be better off using say, Scribus.

However, although I do not use anything from A**le you should be able to set up Gimp the way you want to start up, the tool to start on, with its properties and any other tool, including the text tool font, size and units.

In Edit -> Preferences ->  Tool Options untick Save tool options on exit Click on Save Tool Options Now Click on OK as this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/rarz82X.jpg

Well yes, it can be changed and I did.  But, if you look at Utube tutorials and or read books on Gimp, there is no reference made to this default setting being in Pixels.  They all show adding text to be a simple process of just clicking on the tool and start typing. As for Apple, I guess my opinions on Wondoze mirror yours on MAC but to each his own.  Thanks to pointing out to me to check all the tool defaults.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Text Box - Point size default is in Pixels - by Paul E. Lehmann - 07-09-2018, 11:52 AM