Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start up and use Gimp 2.10.8 ver 2 Samj
Downloaded the ver 2 as understood too many problems with the first.   Initial start up OK but as plug ins and scm added more problems.  Start up interrupted by statements of no function known, hit any key to continue and some that hang for a long time before continuing.  Have Demo.exe that appears and must be deleted before continuing.  When start up finally finished, all looks OK, but plugins that were added on first start up only stay until computer turned off.  When Gimp started again, go through all the same start up problems but the added plug ins are not there.  It is though they were never added by using Edit/Preferences/Plugins.  I have not had this problem with any versions of Gimp before.  I have completely erased it, re downloaded repeatedly but continue with this problem.  If the added plug ins are not in the original system and profile folders, they disappear.  This goes also if a subfolder has been added, it disappears also.  They seem to work properly when they are present.  Am I missing some files?

Has anyone else had this problem?  I tried reporting it, had a few replies, but then I had notices that their server would not accept messages from me.  Asked for help but no reply.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10.  64 bit  Have Gimp 2.8.22 reg version still on my computer.  I have installed the Samj Gimp to the desk top to separate it to another directory.

Messages In This Thread
Start up and use Gimp 2.10.8 ver 2 Samj - by Pat625 - 01-03-2019, 01:02 AM