Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut out a speech bubble from a transparent PNG image?!
Thanks for your input guys, you seem to have gotten the idea of what l'm after. Just to reiterate what l'm trying to say, this time using an example:

I have the word "LOL!" in a speech bubble. The speech bubble has a black outline.

I want to paste that all over a new image such that the speech bubble is transparent.

UPDATE:
- I no longer want a transparent background around the speech bubble
- I actually used another solution on the net, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Z6cO4KNOI
- Your solutions appear to be even easier, especially because l no longer want a transparent background, but with your solutions, there doesn't seem to be a tool to create a bold outline around the cutout speech bubble that l generate. However, l found a way:

Select --> To Path
then Edit --> Stroke Selection --> set desired line thickness --> Press "Stroke"

FINAL MOANS:
- As an asides, there's no direct n easy no way to just copy and paste an image repeatedly on the page, a la Microsoft Paint
- I see no "Move" tool @ Blighty
- I'll say this about every art program l've tried (CorelDRAW, GIMP, Photoshop - but l can't even recall when l used Photoshop): they need to build the software around basic manipulations, branching out radially to the more complex stuff. So, to copy and paste a Christmas tree all over the page, or draw a speech bubble saying "I am an idiot" and "Me too LOL" over your friend's photos, should be made more accessible. My bottom hurts from hours just sat there, trying to make one miserable speech bubble, which l have finally now sussed out and l just feel empty inside for it, no sense of achievement.

Also GIMP: How about a hand select tool?!

Once again, thanks guys!!! Smile))

Thanks guys bye for now!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cut out a speech bubble from a transparent PNG image?! - by cutoutperson - 04-16-2019, 10:46 PM