Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Plugin killed by last update
(05-17-2017, 07:19 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: If you put something on the repository (assuming you still can) people will ask you to maintain it.

I can adopt the script but selecting groups means that you cannot use it to resize layers outside groups, which IMO would be a frequent requirement. Maybe a compromise would be to check the "linked" status of things.

Also, I assume that a nice option would be to keep some specific point of the layers(or of the "bounding box" of the characters in the layers) at the same place? Currently the top right corner is fixed, but I reckon that many people would love to see the center of the layer remain fixed?
* Sorry--I didn't explain myself. My meaning: as both versions (Group & Sibling) are incompatible (same register), I thought of keeping BOTH easily available, by putting zipped copies of each in \user\gimp-2.8\plug-ins_storage--if your Add-on Manager allows for such a folder--I have implemented only _storage for seldom used brushes and fonts. As some  font families I could name have incompatibility problems--i.e., drop both xRegular and xBold in \user\gimp-2.8\fonts and xfont comes always bold--an alternative workaround to a font manager is to keep both zipped into \user\gimp-2.8\fonts_storage, and call only one by session. As I say, I have never tested this workaround for plug-ins--but it surely should do?
* Your comments on the advantages of the Siblings version--aren't rather meant for another plug-in (by the same author?--I never got it) to batch resize--offset--and... layers in a group? I think that text layers are peculiar that way, if one wishes to keep them as editable text. Besides changing font and font-size, the only other batch operations I can think of as both safe and useful are
- convert to path  
- set text-alignment (but when text is a label, one usually aligns it more or less to whatever element in the drawing should act as anchor...) 
- set letter-spacing
- set line-spacing
- set hinting
Everything else--fine kerning and adjusting position of layer--seems to ask for human intervention...

Thanks again--my original problem is now solved beautifully!

Messages In This Thread
Help! Plugin killed by last update - by carmen - 05-16-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: Help! Plugin killed by last update - by carmen - 05-17-2017, 09:04 PM