Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brushes directories are messed up. Can I put them back to the default?
(05-20-2017, 02:59 PM)Klawdek Wrote: ...The main thing I do not want to loose is a script I think it is called script fu.  I use to make a background  behind text ( I think it is called a drop shadow). So it would be important to get that one back.  Also I have GIMP xcf files that would be nice if I can still use them with the new version.

There is a standard drop shadow filter that comes with all versions of Gimp. Your existing .xcf files will open with the latest version of Gimp.

Quote:I do not believe I used a wonder package to install.  I did install some stuff long ago and I did not have good instructions.  So it ended up in the default directory.  The stuff I installed more recently was done manually by me into the correct directory. 

Delete the folders...

dead_tree_brushes
Gimp Flying Birds (Gray Scale)...
GPS-Brushes
trees

...and that gets you back to basic Gimp brushes.

but

GPS-Brushes comes from a package of 'enhancements' Gimp Paint Studio which contains a lot more than just brushes, comes to 325 files of various sorts apart from brushes.

Quote:.. Now that I know how it works I prefer to put any brush sets in their own directory under brushes.  This makes it easy to delete a set that causes problems and  keeps it orderly so I know what brushes are with which sets (there can be differences in license and attribution).

Keeping brush sets in their own directories is very wise. Just make sure you keep those in your Gimp profile C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8\brushes as shown in one of those earlier screenshots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brushes directories are messed up. Can I put them back to the default? - by rich2005 - 05-20-2017, 03:57 PM