Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeated crashes after working fine for weeks
(06-06-2021, 07:31 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:...snip...Quick question... do you know anyone that knows how to "Stroke text that's been applied to "Text Along Path". I can do it as straight text... but then it appears the text turns into just a Layer and then the option of  "Text Along Path" is not available.

Any operation on a text layer, say, make a selection-fill-selection converts the text layer to a regular bitmap layer. The best solution is preventative. Either duplicate the text layer or create a new layer and apply the effect to the new layer.

If you have stroked the path in the text layer you can get it back, with limitations, using the text tool and clicking in the ex-text-layer.

Quote:...text turns into just a Layer and then the option of  "Text Along Path" is not available
hmm..maybe you need to reverse  the work flow, text along path, which creates a deformed path followed by a fill-path and stroke-path.
That might work. I'll give it a shot. Thank you.
It looks like you're still using 2.8. I wish I had stuck with 2.8 until I got used to it, but 2 days after I installed it, I could only find YouTube vids that used 2.10 and above

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repeated crashes after working fine for weeks - by StageMan - 06-07-2021, 08:40 PM