Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python Fu Image Creation - Slight Issues
Sorry for the delayed response. Hectic start to the year. 

Quote:Did you restart Gimp so that it re-scans the plugins. What is the definition like in the pluginrc file?

Yep, I always restart Gimp when making changes to the plugins. Here's the definition in pluginrc:
Code:
(plug-in-def "${gimp_dir}\\plug-ins\\MarvelMods-Common-MultiSkinPreviewAny.py" 1672505354
   (proc-def "python_fu_marvelmods_common_multiskinpreviewany" 1
        "Create template grid for skin preview images."
        "Create template grid for skin preview images."
        "BaconWizard17"
        "BaconWizard17"
        "December 2022"
        "Create Multi Skin Preview"
       (menu-path "<Image>/Marvel Mods/Skin Previews/Skin Showcase")
       (icon icon-name -1 "")
        ""
        5 0
       (proc-arg 0 "run-mode" "The run mode { RUN-INTERACTIVE (0), RUN-NONINTERACTIVE (1) }")
       (proc-arg 13 "image" "Input image")
       (proc-arg 16 "drawable" "Input drawable")
       (proc-arg 3 "columns" "Number of Columns:")
       (proc-arg 3 "rows" "Number of Rows:")))

This looks the same regardless of whether I have the image and layer variables or not for my function.

I'm going to include some screenshots of what I'm seeing. This is how the dialog looks when I run the script with no image open. The dialog is the same regardless of whether or not I have the image and layer variables in my function:
[Image: nvphwrm.png]

This is the same dialog box if I already have an image open. Again, it doesn't change if the layer and image variables are there:
[Image: PZQXNhv.png]

If the layer and image variables are not part of my function (so def multiSkinPreviewAny (columns, rows):), I get this error:
[Image: faR4NSc.png]

Quote:AFAIK, if the first arguments in the registration are an image and optionally a layer(*) (in that order) when when the plugin is called

The issue is that I don't think I have these in my registration. I think they're being included automatically. This is the register function again:
Code:
register(
   "python_fu_marvelmods_common_multiskinpreviewany",
   "Create template grid for skin preview images.",
   "Create template grid for skin preview images.",
   "BaconWizard17",
   "BaconWizard17",
   "December 2022",
   "<Image>/Marvel Mods/Skin Previews/Skin Showcase/Create Multi Skin Preview",
   "",
   [
       (PF_SLIDER, "columns", "Number of Columns:", 2, (1, 8, 1)),
       (PF_SLIDER, "rows", "Number of Rows:", 2, (1, 8, 1))
   ],
   [],
   multiSkinPreviewAny)

Is there something wrong with that? I just want to set this up without the image or layer variables so that others can use this script and similar ones without any confusion.
Modder/Skinner at MarvelMods.com using GIMP to create, edit, and export textures and previews more efficiently.

My GIMP scripts hosted on GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: Python Fu Image Creation - Slight Issues - by BaconWizard17 - 01-23-2023, 03:34 AM