Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch conversion
I installed the BIMP plugin for batch conversion (I have 1500 files to convert!!), but I'm having trouble doing what I want to do.

I need three changes:
1) A change to the value curve with two points added to the curve:
  - Input 5 and Output 40
  - Input 220 and Output 235
2) Saturation increased to 1.200
3) Contrast increased to 10

It's easy to do the contrast change, as that is quite easy to access through the BIMP plugin, but I have no idea how to do the other two changes! Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!
I have checked this in a Win10 / Gimp 2.10.32 and it seems to work. Too many attachments, so screenshots are in the attached PDF. Two additional plugins required gegl_command.py and for_gegl.py (in the attached zip). That last one contains the gegl command saturation scale=1.2 Change that if you need more/less saturation. They go in your Gimp plugins folder.

Reference that PDF

(1) Make your adjusted color-curve and export as a file. Any old file name will do.
Use that file in the BIMP Color correction "Change color correction from settings file"

(2) Use Other Gimp procedure. Search for gegl. Use the python-fu-run-gegl entry. There are no parameters.

(3) Use Other Gimp procedure. gimp-brightness-contrast. It is deprecated but that is the one for a contrast=10 setting.

This set of operations is slow here, gegl to blame, try it out on one or two images first before setting loose on hundreds.

Attached Files
.pdf   bimp.pdf (Size: 363.51 KB / Downloads: 159)
.zip   gegl-saturation.zip (Size: 1.32 KB / Downloads: 69)
Thanks so much - I'll give it a go and see how it turns out! Much appreciated.
Would you also be able to help me do a batch manipulation to increase the "Black Level" from exposure to 0.015? Thanks heaps!
You just want that exposure setting to batch apply and nothing else ?

A revised for_gegl.py plugin attached. Unzip use with gegl_command.py same as before. It is the same name as the previous so do not get them mixed up.

An explanation, this is the top of the file...

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python2

#
# needs the gegl_command.py plugin
#

from gimpfu import *

def python_run_gegl(image, drawable ):

#    pdb.python_gegl(image, drawable, "saturation scale=1.2")
    pdb.python_gegl(image, drawable, "exposure black-level=0.015 exposure=0.0")

...and you see I disabled the old saturation operation (the # ) and added the exposure setting.
You can un-comment and run the two (or more if you add them) gegl commands
You can edit values yourself and with a bit of research add new commands see: https://gegl.org/operations/

I have just given a quick test and that is a very small colour change Wink

Attached Files
.zip   for_gegl.zip (Size: 463 bytes / Downloads: 46)