Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bevel Reflect Logo crops image
I have an image with about 300 layers. Layers are different widths. Lets say that the image (canvas) is 1000 pixels wide.
Layer no. 50 is 500 pixels wide. I run BRL on layer no. 50. The image gets cropped to 500 pixels wide.

The only workaround I have found so far is to copy layer no. 50 to a new image, run BRL on that, and then copy this back to the original image and anchor it. Clumsy and time consuming.

Any suggestions for a fix or an easy workaround?
You should know better than to talk about using a particular script/plug-in without specifying a source for said extension Wink

If it is a scheme or python, then editing the code is the obvious solution.
(03-15-2017, 11:34 AM)Kevin Wrote: You should know better than to talk about using a particular script/plug-in without specifying a source for said extension Wink

If it is a scheme or python, then editing the code is the obvious solution.

Yes, sorry.

Windows 7 64 bit
Gimp 2.8.18

BRL from here:
http://gimpscripts.com/2014/02/bevel-reflect-logo/

(ML Bevel Reflect by following the link on above page)
One of those monsters from http://gimpscripts.com Uses a compiled plugin MLBevelRelect

Contact the script author ?

Confining the script to a selection has no effect so why not Layer -> Image Size, then it will not crop the image. (I think)
Thanks for the link.

The script is making assumptions. At around line 524, it seems to assume that the bumpmap layer is the same size as the canvas, so when it changes the canvas size to be 4 pixels larger, it's actually making it smaller. Then smaller again when it removes the extra 4 pixels.

The upshot is that rich's suggestion to make the layer the same size as the image should work.
Yes, thanks. Better than my previous method.
Make a note of layer width; layer to image size; BRL; set layer width back to original.