Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I copy and paste my painting?
My painting is in the layer "背景(background", I want to copy it and paste it into the layer "layer", how do I do that?

[Image: 7a3e76f874fe4b13f66e44514f638eae.png]
I would go to the layer background and from the edit menu choose copy (Ctrl C in Windows.  Then select the *layer* layer where it is listed on the side.  Then paste (Ctrl V) from the edit menu.  You should get a floating layer.  Then from the layer menu choose to new layer.  Then from the layer menu choose merge down.

There may be a better way but that is what I would do.
Also if you have nothing on the new layer (Looks transparent to me) you could duplicate the picture/layer you already have of your image.

What is it you are wanting to do once you have two layers with the same picture on it?

Smile
I think you want the drawing on a transparent layer. First look if the drawing has an 'Alpha Channel' (right-click on the layers dock and see if 'Add Alpha Channel' is activated. If not, add it. Then on the drawing remove the white with 'Colours / Colours to Alpha' (on the gimp main menu). White is the default colour on this, so click on 'ok'. The white colour disappear. Now you can make a new layer with any colour you want and put it under the drawing layer.

(12-03-2022, 05:36 PM)38175425 Wrote: My painting is in the layer "背景(background", I want to copy it and paste it into the layer "layer", how do I do that?

Just answering that question.

Always better if you post a full screenshot, including the toolbox and tool options. From your screenshot.

1. There is an active selection. Kill this selection Select -> None
2. The active layer is the top (transparent) layer. You want to select something from the picture layer. Make that layer active. (click on it in the layers dialogue)
3. It looks like you want an elliptical selection, use that tool and draw around the required area.
4. That only marks an area of pixels, if you want to copy that then Edit -> Copy
5. You want that in the transparent layer, make the transparent layer active.
6. Paste that in Edit -> Paste which give a strange temporary pasted layer. You can move this around to where you want it.
7. When in position use Layer -> Anchor Layer and that fixes the selection in the transparent layer.
----
Not asked but to remove the white background from the selection use `Colors -> Color-to-Alpha and adjust the sliders to suit.

this a 50 second animation of all that: https://i.imgur.com/QitDnWP.mp4
My problem is solved thank you guys!