Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Images coming out with a black background
Question 
For some reason my png images are coming out with a black background as displayed in image provided. I simply add an image, then a layer mask. After removing the background layer, saving, and then exporting. I send the image, but it comes up with black edges whenever sending through messenger or facebook. Please help!
It has transparency for me.

Pretty sure somebody can explain.
(01-01-2018, 08:30 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: It has transparency for me.

Pretty sure somebody can explain.

For some reason when I send through messenger or facebook it shows a black background.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8hc0j4fb6nra5...h.png?dl=0

Also, now that I've been messing with it trying to figure it out. I'm getting the white and grey checkered boxes in the background.
Does Facebook even allow png ?
It compresses all images you upload pretty heavily to save space and loading time (i guess).
Maybe FB converts your image into a jpg which cant display transparency and therefore appears as black ?
(01-01-2018, 08:07 PM)michelle.81 Wrote: For some reason my png images are coming out with a black background as displayed in image provided. I simply add an image, then a layer mask. After removing the background layer, saving, and then exporting. I send the image, but it comes up with black edges whenever sending through messenger or facebook. Please help!

When this kind of things happen, re-download the displayed image from your browser(*), and compaere with the file you sent (type, size...).

(*)
  • In Chrome and Firefox: Right-click > Save image as..
  • In Firefox: open the "Page Info" window (ctr-I), go to the "Media" tab, search your image, extension and size may be listed, which can be enough to compare with your original, otherwise use the" Save as" button to save a local copy to compare.