Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Dose - Glossy stroke 3d.py
What teapot suggests is removing the 'brush' variable. Was between fg_color and stroke at line 36
def python_glossy_stroke_3d(
    img, layer, fg_color, stroke, rounding, ls_color, ls_z, glow, 

Then because that generates errors, comment out lines 43, 61, 213   
#    cur_brush = pdb.gimp_context_get_brush()
#    pdb.gimp_context_set_brush(brush)
#    pdb.gimp_context_set_brush(cur_brush)

Finally comment out the menu registration line 231
#      (PF_BRUSH, "brush", "Stroking brush:", None),

zipped, attached

Attached Files
.zip   glossy-stroke.zip (Size: 2.73 KB / Downloads: 100)
Hi rich2005,

I think I understood just that.
Even in my previous post (#10) I made available the .py code of the plugin edited according to Teapot's instructions.

The only difference between your guidance and your previous post is that on line 36 I duplicated that line; One of which was left as a comment (for preservation purposes only) but the one below I just deleted the 'brush' variable.

[Image: F0TaTqn.jpg]

I downloaded your attachment and I'm going to test it, but I believe it's the same one I already have after the edit suggested by Teapot.

Thank you rich2005.

Edited 02:

Using the version provided in the previous post (by rich2005), no changes were noticeable. The plugin continues with the same problem reported in the initial post.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
I wonder why ?

That works in my linux Gimp, or I would not have posted it.

Does it work more than once in a Win10 samj 2.10.28 . It does here: https://i.imgur.com/52V6Vv7.mp4

Maybe some settings stuck from your previous version(s). 
Try deleting pluginrc file from the samj Preference folder and restart Gimp so it re-scans the plugins.

rich2005,

This PC is brand new, and this is the first and so far only version of gimp that has been used on it.

Even so, I deleted the pluginrc file as per previous instruction.
But after restarting gimp... still no change.
Strange, works here.

No problem, I would not waste any more time on it. Easy enough to do manually.
(01-27-2022, 06:27 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Strange, works here.

No problem, I would not waste any more time on it. Easy enough to do manually.

I agree!
But the option of "reset all filters" also allows some usability of this filter.

The only thing I can do is use Ctrl+F (Repeat Last), but in that case I would always use the same settings.

Anyway, thanks for the help rich2005!   Smile
Rich, Thanks for your confirmation it's working for you too.

Krikor, From the above posts it's clear we are all making the same edits (the commenting out does the same job).

From your image in post #10 it's clear that for some reason you are not running the modified code as the brush selector is still there.

I would try two things:

1. Move the plugin file out of the plugins folder to a folder away from anything to do with gimp. Restart gimp. Is the plugin still available from the menu? It should not be.

2. Make just one trivial change to some text in the plugin e.g. change just the one word Color in the line below to something else:

Change this line:
    (PF_COLOR, "fg_color", "Color:", (0, 157, 255)),
    to this line:
    (PF_COLOR, "fg_color", "Testing:", (0, 157, 255)),

Put the plugin back into the plugins folder. Restart gimp. Has the text in the dialog box changed to say Testing instead of Colour?

This will help confirm if you are running the correct plugin code or not.

It may not matter much for this plugin as you have a workaround, but generally you need to know what code you are running.
I confess that I was in disbelief that this new approach would have any satisfactory results. 
But I didn't hesitate to try it.

Teapot, following your instructions I was amazed to find that even removing the plugin from its folder, it was still in the Gimp menu.

Then I realized what I should do. After some checks and corrections finally the changes you suggested became effective!

Teapot and rich2005 thank you for unraveling this mystery. Sherlock Holmes would be proud of you!  Big Grin

Thx!
Hello!

So I wanted to create a little animation of a pendulum motion to learn about interpolation in blender animation and it went allright, I wound up with a nice 120 pictures. I imported them into Gimp as layers and wanted to export a gif file as animation, forever loop, with a 20 ms delay with one frame / layer as all of my frames had all the drawing on them. Now, the background is transparent, which worked fine in the past with another quite simple animation, but for whatever reason it seems to dislike the pictures I have now as when I try to export it nothing shows up only a very very very little part of the whole thing where the base and the pendulum meet. (I don't know whether this was the case when it had bacground colour as I haven't tried it that way) I have no clue why it just decides to chuck out 99.5% of the whole picture on every frame. I tried rendering it out multiple times in multiple ways in blender but something just doesnt feel right with gimp it seems.Anyone can hazard a guess why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance!
Are you frame in "replace" or "combine" mode? It looks like they were meant for "combine" but are used as "replace". Maybe load the image in Gimp and bluntly reexport (use a new name) while forcing everything in combine mode (there is an option for this in the GIF export).