Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Blending Images
Hello,

I'm trying to blend two folders of images together using mode LCh Colour. I can get it working for one image at a time but am struggling to automate it. I have tried Python-fu and BIMP, but haven't been able to get them to work for this problem.

Any advice?

Thanks
(11-23-2022, 03:50 PM)ruairiseosamh Wrote: Hello,

I'm trying to blend two folders of images together using mode LCh Colour. I can get it working for one image at a time but am struggling to automate it. I have tried Python-fu and BIMP, but haven't been able to get them to work for this problem.

Any advice?

Thanks

What have you tried with Python-fu?
I'm a bit new to this, but I have written this plugin (attached). I've followed the steps that I have seen on the internet. But it won't show up in my GIMP menu.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Since you are on OSX, make sure the python file is marked as executable.

Your filter (my_filter function) takes takes two arguments: image and drawable/layer, so you registration should declare txwo arguments (first pair of brackets after the "*", a PF_IMAGE and a PF_DRAWABLE.

Otherwise, it's hard to debug a screenshot. You can either past the code here (insert as a code block, see icons above the text area to to the right, you want the one just before the php one), and zip it and attach the zip.

If you start Gimp from a terminal, all the python errors will be displayed in said terminal (together with the output of any `print' instructions in you code, which is very helpful when debugging).
I got it to work. Thanks.