Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin for batch removing EXIF ?
Hi I have two questions here

1. Is there any plugins in which I can batch remove EXIF, resize, and watermark the images?

2. If there isn't one for everything, is there any plugin in which I can at least, batch remove EXIF ?

Yes I know there are third party programs but I just wish to be done inside GIMP to be more 
convenient.

Any advice?
(04-18-2019, 07:57 AM)kenny1999 Wrote: Hi I have two questions here

1. Is there any plugins in which I can batch remove EXIF, resize, and watermark the images?

I think we have been here before Wink

Assuming using Gimp 2.10 which keeps metadata a little better than Gimp 2.8 and output is jpeg which retains metadata.

You might get someone to write a bespoke script for you, but off-the-shelf there is only really BIMP. https://alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/

Add the required procedures. Add the files (do not need to be open). Only one in this example

Does it remove the meta data, Not 100% just the image properties remain. Comparison in XnViewMP.

Quote:2. If there isn't one for everything, is there any plugin in which I can at least, batch remove EXIF ?
Yes I know there are third party programs but I just wish to be done inside GIMP to be more 
convenient.

There used to be scripts for older version of Gimp to add exif, these used third party EXIFTOOL anyway so as far as I know a stripper tool such as http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=30 would be best.
What can be more convenient than:

Code:
exiftool -all= *.jpg

or even

Code:
exiftool -R -all= directory

Where directory is a path to some directory (can be . for the current directory) and -R means "anything below it".

ExifTool is a free application available on all platforms. Downloading it and using it is likely to be a lot faster than installing an equivzlent pugin for Gimp.
I agree with Ofnuts or an alternative ImageMagick mogrify -strip *.*  Especially when it comes to speed. BIMP never known for that.

However Gimp batch. @Kenny, something for you to tryWink

There is a Gimp 2.10 procedure gimp_image_set_metadata. Unfortunately this does not show in BIMP "other Gimp procedure" must be one of the restricted 'names'

The work-around is create a plugin without the restriction and use that in BIMP Attached a one-liner strip-metadata.py Unzip put it in your Gimp profile. 

This for example works here, in a linux machine. Bit pressed for time, so not checked in a Windows Gimp 2.10

Will overwrite the existing file. Never a good idea so either add a rename or output to a different folder.

Attached Files
.zip   strip-metadata.py.zip (Size: 394 bytes / Downloads: 245)
Hi rich !

I remember you ! 

Thanks !

(04-18-2019, 09:17 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: What can be more convenient than:

Code:
exiftool -all= *.jpg

or even

Code:

Where directory is a path to some directory (can be . for the current directory) and -R means "anything below it".

ExifTool is a free application available on all platforms. Downloading it and using it is likely to be a lot faster than installing an equivzlent pugin for Gimp.

Download ExifTool first,

then enter the above command into cmd ?

Am I correct?

(04-18-2019, 09:58 AM)rich2005 Wrote: I agree with Ofnuts or an alternative ImageMagick mogrify -strip *.*  Especially when it comes to speed. BIMP never known for that.

However Gimp batch. @Kenny, something for you to tryWink

There is a Gimp 2.10 procedure gimp_image_set_metadata. Unfortunately this does not show in BIMP "other Gimp procedure" must be one of the restricted 'names'

The work-around is create a plugin without the restriction and use that in BIMP Attached a one-liner strip-metadata.py Unzip put it in your Gimp profile. 

This for example works here, in a linux machine. Bit pressed for time, so not checked in a Windows Gimp 2.10

Will overwrite the existing file. Never a good idea so either add a rename or output to a different folder.

Hi, did you mean I should keep using BIMP while at the same time downloading and applying your 
attachment file? Where should I put the file?

I am really very green in this computer thing
(04-18-2019, 10:03 AM)kenny1999 Wrote: Hi, did you mean I should keep using BIMP while at the same time downloading and applying your 

Can you give your Gimp version. (and any other information - filetypes etc)
Gimp 2.8 procedure is different to Gimp 2.10 That plugin no good for 2.8
BIMP also has a new version for Gimp 2.10. see: https://alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/

Assuming Gimp 2.10: Put the strip-metadata.py in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins That should give a menu entry in the Tools menu. If that does not show then something wrong.

Then in BIMP use that setting as previous screenshot. No need to use the menu entry 'no metadata'

Just for stripping the exif data with a GUI, try that utility from steelbytes.com
(04-18-2019, 10:03 AM)kenny1999 Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 09:17 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: What can be more convenient than:

Code:
exiftool -all= *.jpg

or even

Code:

Download ExifTool first,

then enter the above command into cmd ?

Am I correct?

Yes.
(04-18-2019, 11:37 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 10:03 AM)kenny1999 Wrote: Hi, did you mean I should keep using BIMP while at the same time downloading and applying your 

Can you give your Gimp version. (and any other information - filetypes etc)
Gimp 2.8 procedure is different to Gimp 2.10 That plugin no good for 2.8
BIMP also has a new version for Gimp 2.10. see: https://alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/

Assuming Gimp 2.10: Put the strip-metadata.py in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins That should give a menu entry in the Tools menu. If that does not show then something wrong.

Then in BIMP use that setting as previous screenshot. No need to use the menu entry  'no metadata'

Just for stripping the exif data with a GUI, try that utility from steelbytes.com

Hi, my version is GIMP 2.10.10 , just downloaded and installed today