Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it posible to copy a filter from one layer to another?
i'm using python-fu, i want to copy the filter iwarp i added to one layer to another layer i just added to the document. 

my code:

document = gimp.image_list()[0]
    layer_with_filter = document.layers[0]
    layer_without_filter = document.layers[3]

thanks
You don't "copy a filter"? Either you copy a layer, or you run the filter again, with the same arguments, on the other layer. If your problem is to use IWarp interactively on one filter, and have a script to replay it automatically on some other layer, then it's a whole other problem, AFAIK there is no way to retrieve the arguments of a filter that has been used interactively. And IWarp makes this even harder, since there is no useful way to call it non-interactively.
(08-17-2017, 08:57 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: You don't "copy a filter"? Either you copy a layer, or you run the filter again, with the same arguments, on the other layer. If your problem is to use IWarp interactively on one filter, and have a script to replay it automatically on some other layer, then it's a whole other problem, AFAIK there is no way to retrieve the arguments of a filter that has been used interactively. And IWarp makes this even harder, since there is no useful way to call it non-interactively.

thank you for your response it will help me a lot.

indeed i meant to run the filter again with the same arguments non-interactively