Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add green color on trees
Two fundamentals problems with the image:
  • Color temperature isn't quite right
  • Not many values to work with in these trees, so any  change there will create blobs
My processing:
  • Convert image to high-precision
  • Add a very low HSV noise (just enough V to make the histogram continuous) to avoid being hit by quantization problems
  • Colors > Color temperature to improve the color temperature (eyeballed it...)
  • Create a luminosity mask that covers the tree and the lawns (pretty much a dark/midtones one, with the water painted over at the bottom)

• Using the mask a a selection, add a slight boost to the Green channel in Curves

(02-18-2024, 09:47 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Two fundamentals problems with the image:
  • Not many values to work with in these trees, so any  change there will create blobs
My processing:
  • Add a very low HSV noise (just enough V to make the histogram continuous) to avoid being hit by quantization problems
  • Create a luminosity mask that covers the tree and the lawns (pretty much a dark/midtones one, with the water painted over at the bottom)

• Using the mask a a selection, add a slight boost to the Green channel in Curves
Thanks for your advice.

It is still not green

The photos attached to this posting were captured by me in River Rhein, Germany, long time ago.  I have no glue to add green color on their trees

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The photos are very poor quality but I've tried one with: G'Mic-Qt / Color Presets /Hollywood Movies / Captain Marvel
There are many filters under 'Color Presets', one can help you, another give bad results : trying is the best you can do with this G'Mic-Qt filter.

Before / after

Thumbs Up 
My processing:

Ofnuts,

What a class! ?

The way some image problems were identified and a procedure was presented was fantastic!

I couldn't point out these problems myself even looking at this image for hours.
I have no idea what a suitable Color Temperature would be for this photo.

I liked the feature of adding HSV noise to normalize the histogram. ?

I always wanted to know how to cover the holes in my histograms when I make my edits and my histogram, which was that uniform mountain, starts to look like a bunch of skyscrapers separated by small gaps.
One option I recently discovered was G'MIC - Repair - Unquantize [JPEG Smooth], but I haven't played with that filter yet.

One difficulty I had in following this procedure was adjusting the color Temperture 'correctly'.

This filter seems unintuitive to me in terms of how to use it.  Blush
Normally, the higher the temperature value in Kelvin, the more we move toward bluish tones. The lower the values, the more we move towards red tones (yellow - orange - red).

And this is exactly what happens when I slide the values in the Original temperature option: To the left, warm tones (reddish); to the right, cold tones (bluish);

But in the Intended temperature option this is reversed, to the left the image gains bluish tones and to the right it becomes yellow (not bluish). ?

I may have to find some good material that explains this filter.

The only problem I found with your presented procedure is that in the end the image ends up with a little more noise than I would like (even though I tried to use as little HSV noise as possible; I used:
Dulling 2, Hue 3, Saturation 0, Value 0.015

There’s a lot to learn here, but it’s always a pleasure in the process.

Thanks for the class!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(02-18-2024, 03:35 PM)Stephen Liu Wrote: Thanks for your advice.

It is still not green

It is as green as can be without looking like someone had spray-painted the trees and the lawn.

I also remind you that this forum isn't a photo-fixing service. People here show you how you can do things. If you want something a bit different, you apply the same method and you push the sliders.
(02-18-2024, 03:35 PM)Stephen Liu Wrote:
My processing:

Thanks for your advice.

It is still not green

The photos attached to this posting were captured by me in River Rhein, Germany, long time ago.  I have no glue to add green color on their trees

Regards

Stephen Liu,

In my attempts, using a combination of the procedures pointed out by rich2005 in post #3 and by Ofnuts in post #11 seems to give good results.

In these images I found very prominent magenta tones. So, remembering our friend Sallyanne's tip, I applied the Unpurple filter (G'MIC) to get around this problem.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Hi all,

Lot of thanks for your advice.

They are old photos, captured by me on Kodar color films in the past, when I travelled worldwide.  They were developed to paper photos by professional photo shops.  I have thousands of them still packed in boxes.

Later I scanned some of them on Epson scanner and posted them on my websites. Because of aging due to time, some old photo turned to yellowish color. Those problematic photos uploaded were downloaded recently on following website;

Photo Gallery – Europe
http://phgallery4.reynoldstocks.com/dusseldorf/
Photos
[1][2][3]

I needs those old photos to create photo slideshows with following features;
Writen desciption - 2 texts, English and Chinese
Oral narration - 2 languages and 2 dialects - English, Chinese Cantonese and Mandarin dialets
Background music

Followings are 3 examples of my photo slideshows created recently and uploaded to YouTube
1)
Cebu City, Philippines - Part 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb7_4WEu0Ik

2)
17 Miles Scenic Drive, Monterey Pennisular, California, USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bj1oW8_qYA

3)
Redwood Forest, North California, USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJHZqoiCZcI&t=20s

Last year I tested scanning the old photos on Mobile phone camera;
setups
======
Samsung S22 Ultra mobile phone, with 256G storage, mounted on tripod and connected to desktop computer via USB cable.
Desktop computer:
AMD Ryzen 5, 8 core CPU
DDR3 32G RAM onboard
Dell 32" 4K display
OS disc - PCIe 3.0 SSD
Disc for storage - 4TB WD Magnetic drive

Samsung mobile phone is controlled on the Desktop computer via remote desktop (remote access) setup.

Wonderful, the scanning is much faster, with better quality of digital photos created.  I just loaded the photos on an index board below the tripod. I don't need touching the mobile phone.

I may try again.  Now I have a better quality mobile phone, Samsung S24 Ultra with 512G storage.

Possibly I'll build a new desktop computer,;
AMD Ryzen 9, 8-core CPU
64G DDR4 RAM onboard
OS disc PCIe 4.0 SSD

Regards
(02-19-2024, 05:04 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote: Followings are 3 examples of my photo slideshows created recently and uploaded to YouTube
1)
Cebu City, Philippines - Part 5

I just cannot believe it... and you have 5 videos about Cebu, I'm speechless because I live in Mactan and SM city in Cebu is where we go to the iMax to watch movies Big Grin ,
Also I saw on your website you went in Marseille as well, I'm from Marseille, jeezzz this planet is really small Wink
Patrice
(02-19-2024, 05:04 AM)Stefana Liu Wrote: Witam wszystkich.

Bardzo dziękuję za radę.

Są do przeglądania zdjęć, uchwycone przeze mnie na kolorowych kliszach Kodara w przeszłości, kiedy podróżowałem po całym świecie. Były one wywoływane do zdjęć papierowych, które zostały zniszczone w wydaniu fotograficznym. Mam ich ostatni, zastępcze w.

Część dalsza zeskanowana z modułem Epsona i rozszerzona na wyjścia internetowe. Z biegiem czasu różne zdjęcia zmieniły kolor na żółty. Przesłane problematyczne zdjęcia były niedawno pobrane z witryny internetowej;

Galeria zdjęć – Europa
http://phgallery4.reynoldstocks.com/dusseldorf/
Zdjęcia
[1] [2] [3]

Potrzebuję tych zdjęć, aby zobaczyć pokaz slajdów z usługami;
Opis pisemny – 2 teksty, angielski i chiński
Narracja ustna – 2 języki i 2 dialekty – dialety angielski, chiński kantoński i mandaryński
Muzyka w tle

znajduje się poniżej 3 moich pokazów slajdów kontrolowanych wcześniej i przeniesionych do YouTube
1)
Cebu City, Filipiny – część 5

2)
17 Miles Scenic Drive, Monterey Pennisular, Kalifornia, USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bj1oW8_qYA

3)
Redwood Forest, Północna Kalifornia , USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJHZqoiCZcI&t=20s

W pierwszym roku testowałem skanowanie innych zdjęć aparatów w komórkach komórkowych;
konfiguracje
======
Telefon komórkowy Samsung S22 Ultra z pamięcią 256G, podłączony na statywie i podłączony do komputera stacjonarnego kablem USB.
Komputer stacjonarny:
AMD Ryzen 5, 8-rdzeniowy procesor,
DDR3 32 GB RAM na
Dell 32-calowy wyświetlacz 4K
Dysk z przechowywaniago – PCIe 3.0 SSD
Dysk do przechowywania – 4 TB WD Magnetic Drive

Telefon komórkowy Samsung jest sterowany na komputerze stacjonarnym za Dostęp do zdalne ambona (dostępny).Wspaniale

,skanowanie jest dostępne i wydobywane z jakości zdjęć powszechnych.Właśnie udostępniane zdjęcia na tablicy indeksowej pod globalnym.Nie dotarł do telefonu.Może pokonać

jeszcze raz.Teraz mam zasięg jakości telefonu Samsung S24 Ultra z pamięci 512G.

Zapewniam, że zbuduję nowy komputer stacjonarny,
AMD Ryzen 9, 8-rdzeniowy procesor,
64G DDR4 RAM na płycie
głównej, dysk PCIe 4.0 SSD

Pozdrawiam
Proszę mi wybaczyć, jeśli się przejęzyczyłem, ale zupełnie nie znam języka angielskiego
QPrzetłumacz

Moja próba w GIMP 2.10
wykorzystanie m.in. LCh
Zapomniałem dodać
Najpierw https://github.com/stongey/PhotoRestore => Restore2.py

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-19-2024, 01:31 PM)Zbyma72age Wrote: Proszę mi wybaczyć, jeśli się przejęzyczyłem, ale zupełnie nie znam języka angielskiego
QPrzetłumacz

Moja próba w GIMP 2.10
wykorzystanie m.in. LCh

Please forgive me if I made a mistake, but I don't know English at all
QTranslate

My attempt in GIMP 2.10
use, among others LCh

This is an English language forum, but you can always use Google Translate.
No need to always quote everything. Just makes long posts.

Nice result.