Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't save over tool presets
Gimp 2.10 on Windows 11, What i'm trying to do is save my eraser as the hardness 100 brush and shrink it so every time i pull up the eraser i have a circle for cleaning up lines instead of a pixel, but i don't want to change the paintbrush specs. I tried the Save Tool Presets option at the bottom of the tab and that brings up the preset thing on the right-hand side of the screen, then i click save there and nothing seems to happen. I right clock the eraser tool and there's no additional options, it looks like when i try to save again there's an eraser # 1 now (i tried a few times so I might have made the same thing over and over again by accident) and when i switch back to the drawing tool the brush size and settings keep from the eraser.

Tl;Dr I want to customize my eraser and save the brush size to just being the wider eraser and switch back to the thin pen without editing settings each time. Kinda new to GIMP here and this is my first forum post also so I'm doing my best and want to improve as much as I can  Heart
(01-11-2024, 02:03 PM)TheSeaWeeD Wrote: ----big snip---
Tl;Dr I want to customize my eraser and save the brush size to just being the wider eraser and switch back to the thin pen without editing settings each time. Kinda new to GIMP here and this is my first forum post also so I'm doing my best and want to improve as much as I can  Heart

Try un-ticking the Paint Options Shared Between Tools in Edit -> Preferences -> Tools options

That will allow different brush / size for the Eraser tool.
(01-11-2024, 04:15 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 02:03 PM)TheSeaWeeD Wrote: ----big snip---

Try un-ticking the Paint Options Shared Between Tools in Edit -> Preferences -> Tools options

That will allow different brush / size for the Eraser tool.

that seems to have done the trick. Thank you so much