Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Out a Loading Screen I made!
Took 15 mins to make it, check it out: https://ibb.co/SfL059K
15 minutes... Wow. BTW, just to let you know, it's called a splash screen Wink
Patrice
(07-10-2023, 09:56 AM)eason9 Wrote: Took 15 mins to make it, check it out: https://ibb.co/SfL059K

Yeah, I too had a computer that slow, back in the 80s.
(07-10-2023, 09:43 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Yeah, I too had a computer that slow, back in the 80s.

Ah... the 80s, this remind me my very first "computer" a ZX Spectrum, it took at the very least 15 minutes to load or save something on a cassette tape, if and only if there were no error.
Patrice
(07-11-2023, 12:00 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(07-10-2023, 09:43 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Yeah, I too had a computer that slow, back in the 80s.

Ah... the 80s, this remind me my very first "computer" a ZX Spectrum, it took at the very least 15 minutes to load or save something on a cassette tape, if and only if there were no error.

Coming to computers from the professional side, I couldn't envision a personal computer without a hard disk, so my first PC was a PC-XT. Cost me the price of a small car, but was worth every penny.
Quote:Coming to computers from the professional side, I couldn't envision a personal computer without a hard disk, so my first PC was a PC-XT. Cost me the price of a small car, but was worth every penny.

Those old 1BM-XT's may have been expensive but they did something that made PC's a lot cheaper, they standardized hardware. I still have some of them because I always thought they would be worth something one day.

The problem now is most people forget they had weird requirements. I blew one up recently because they used different keyboards.
(07-11-2023, 06:16 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Coming to computers from the professional side, I couldn't envision a personal computer without a hard disk, so my first PC was a PC-XT. Cost me the price of a small car, but was worth every penny.  

Never professional, so I went the ZX81 - Spectrum - QL route before a Amstrad 'compatible'

...but prices were eyewatering. This round about 1987. These before VAT so add on another 15 %

GUYS I MEAN AROUND 15 MINUTES I DIDN'T COUNT HOW LONG IT IS
(07-11-2023, 09:12 AM)eason9 Wrote: GUYS I MEAN AROUND 15 MINUTES I DIDN'T COUNT HOW LONG IT IS

This forum is owned/managed by a Franco-British (or is it Brittanico-French?) collaboration, so some occasional light-hearted trolling is unavoidable Smile