Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gif layers loosing parts when imported
When I open my gif it seems to loose parts on every other layer but the "Background" layer. If anyone knows why this happens then I will be very greatful.
Likely an "optimized"(*) image. Try Filter > Animation> Unoptimize to restore complete frames.

(*) where complete frames are replaced by the difference with the previous frame.
Sadly that did not work. It did add "(replacement)" layers but those are still facing the same broken issue. It seems when I import a gif it looses parts of it, it might be something to do with that process. Perhaps a setting I have on or something similar. The other weird thing is that its not always the same place, some times it brakes in completely different places
Can you share the GIF (or its URL)?
its not gif specific from my experience. All gifs have this issue. I do have a video of what happens if that helps
(01-05-2024, 09:30 PM)Dragon_CO Wrote: its not gif specific from my experience. All gifs have this issue. I do have a video of what happens if that helps

Definitely interested
https://youtu.be/8_FaIBtm5nM
(01-05-2024, 09:30 PM)Dragon_CO Wrote: its not gif specific from my experience. All gifs have this issue. I do have a video of what happens if that helps

Certainly not all gif animations, it is from the sites you use, and why they screw them up I do not know. You will not fix these with a simple un-optimize and there is no one single way to fix. Treat each individually.

I could only find a tiny version 45 x 49 pix, but it is pixel graphics so not much of a problem. This is what I got. 119 layers many of them plain transparent. Why I do not know, assume for timing.  You can see layer size is smaller and bottom part is truncated. 

In RGB mode. With a variety of tools, I can delete all those transparent layers, copy the bottom of the first (Background) layer into the other layers. Scale up to a larger size. As a gif that was about 750 KB, too large to attach here, so deleted every other layer and changed timings to compensate.

Which gives this.